The 2018 Summit seeks to promote the benefits and interests of all through improved collective action for the common good of humanity within and outside the commonwealth. It will engage the commonwealth community to advance multiple agendas such as Global Leadership, International Security, Economy and Energy in order to:
- Promote the benefits and interests of all through improved collective action and creation of policy options in achieving sustainable development goals and the African Agenda 2063.
- Harness Commonwealth’s strengths in international politics to effect positive economic and political change in Africa
- Promote advocacy for good governance and better service delivery in the member African countries
- To showcase countries’ best practices, promote peer learning, capacity development and dynamic partnership.
- To improve governance in Africa through public-private cooperation by working in close collaboration with key international organizations.
- To convene public and private-sector leaders together with intelligence, health and finance experts to prepare for and respond to a rapidly changing landscape and multiple humanitarian crises